How to clean a whirlpool bath?
We are get asked many questions regarding cleaning whirlpool baths, such as: Below you find our recommended answers and suggested cleaning program for the whirlpool baths we sell.
- 1. Do whirlpool baths need cleaning?As with ownership of anything a cleaning routine is required. While the systems we offer are fully self-draining i.e. no trapped water is left behind in the system or the jets once the bath is drained. It should be noted that the cleaning some of the components you can’t see on your whirlpool bath i.e the jet bodies and pipework is really straightforward and easy! To clean a whirlpool bath is slightly different in procedure and general prowess from a basic tub and shower cleaning routine. Be mindful that the Jacuzzi bath has chrome whirlpool jets fixed to the shell of the bath. These jets create that unique whirlpool spa experience, but they also draw in and push out the water that gets used in the bath. This process of recycling the water makes it important to clean and maintain a routine that not only cleans the bathtub thoroughly, but also cleans the component parts.
- 2. How to clean a whirlpool bath?Following the below easy steps you will be able to easily stay on top of maintenance. It’s recommended to do the following once a month, depending on usage.
- Either fill the bath with warm water to a level 2" above the highest jets, or leave water in the bath after using.
- Add a sterilising tab or measure of whirlpool cleaner.
- Run the whirlpool for 5 minutes. Then turn off the whirlpool system and drain the water.
- If desired, rinse baths surfaces with water.
- 3. How to clean whirlpool bath jets?As with any regular bath tub the preferred technique for cleaning the surface of the bath requires a mild, non- abrasive liquid bathroom cleaner and a soft cloth, this is true for the chrome jets as well. Do not apply an abrasive household cleaner; it could damage your surfaces. Also be vigilant with all cleaning labels, making sure the products are safe for you.
- 4. How to remove a whirlpool bath jet for cleaning?Below we are going to show you specifically how to remove one of our flush fitting C-Lenda mini jets for cleaning. We fit these jets as standard to our Super Lux and Tranquility Pools, these flush jets are optional for the Quantum range of whirlpools baths. All you will need to remove the jet is a small flat head screwdriver. First carefully insert the screwdriver between the jet and the surround. Using a little bit of pressure, lever the jet out of its housing. Once it clicks out you should be able to get hold of it with your fingers and remove. To clean it an non abrasive cleaner will do the trick. The fit the jet, simply locate the jet into its housing and using you finger apply a small amount of pressure till the jet clicks back into position.
- 5. How often should I clean my whirlpool bath?It can be personal preference but we recommend once a month or more often for whirlpool tubs that get a lot of use especially if oils and shampoos are regularly put through the system.
It is recommended to only use dedicated whirlpool bath oils and low foaming bath salts, as some oil-based bath soaps or additives such as bubble baths. This is because the whirlpool action will intensify the foaming properties and the residue could stick to the internal pipework.
- 6. Can I use a dishwasher tablet to clean my whirlpool bath?There is lots of information online regarding using dishwasher tablets to clean the whirlpool systems. This is not something we would recommend but we don’t see any harm in doing so.