Tips for easily fitting a new whirlpool bath
Installing a whirlpool bath really is easy. There is very little difference between fitting a whirlpool bath and a normal bath. Read on for our tips and hints.
- 1. Do whirlpool baths need electricity?The main thing to be noted about fitting a whirlpool bath is that it is no more difficult than fitting a regular bath tub. The plumbing is exactly the same the only real difference is that a whirlpool bath requires 1x standard 13 amp supply running to it, observing the current IE regulations. This single supply is sufficient for all the options you may wish to specify to your new whirlpool bath whether it be a thermotherapy heater or chromotherapy lighting. So in simple terms it is just a case of running 1x electrical supply to where the bath will go and following the bath manufacturers instructions.
- 2. Whirlpool bath electrical requirementsAs discussed our whirlpool baths require a single 13 amp supply running to it, observing the current IE regulations. This single supply is sufficient for all the options you may wish to specify to your new whirlpool bath such as or chromotherapy lighting. If you are specifying a thermotherapy heater (1.5 kw), it is recommended that this runs off a separate 13 amp feed. So in simple terms it is just a case of running an electrical supply to where the bath with be situated, this easily connects to the electrical component(s) (connection with a 13 Amp plug is not permitted for whirlpool and spa pumps) then fit the bath as you would a normal bath.
- 3. Bath installation tips1) Before the installation remove the packing and make sure the bath is not damaged. During the installation protect the bath in an appropriate method (e.g. with a cardboard, blanket, bubble foil) After the finished installation Luna Spas guaranty applies only to hidden material defects.
2) Before the installation of the bath install the supply of hot and cold water and the drain.
3) Build in the bath into the space with finished wall tilling or plaster, which overlaps by 10 cm under the bath’s edge. You can provide the rim of the bath with a sound damping tape.
4) The floor under the bath, has to be a firm, inelastic surface and on a plain.
5) Install the bath with the leg set provided.
6) Mount the water overflow and drain set.
7) Fill in the bath with water as high as to the water overflow, check the tightness of the drain set, control the bath’s position and make tight the joints on the bath’s perimeter (max. 5 mm) with sanitary silicone filler or sealing tape.
8) The sides of the bath, which do not adjoin to the wall, can be lined and tilled or you can use a bath panel . Remember to leave a removable panel for maintenance and inspection. It is possible to tile the whole circumference of the bath or only some parts.
- 4. Maintaining a whirlpool bathMaintaining a Luna Spas whirlpool bath is simple as discussed on the following page . By following these simple steps discussed in the article there really is no effort or time wasted in caring for your whirlpool bath, ensuring trouble free ownership for many, many years to come.
- 5. Tips for removing small scratchesShould you find small scratches after installation it is sufficient to polish them out use a polishing agent (such a brasso). If the installer makes a deep gash into the acrylic to remove you must grind the damaged place with water resistant abrasive paper of grain size 600 and then with fine abrasive paper of grain size 1000. Finally you will use the polishing agent for chrome and the bath will be as good as new.